Friday, July 24, 2020

More Than Words - July Challenge



Ponytails & Paper Fails






 
Eighteen months ago we moved our kids away from the only home they have known, their friends and family.  It was a hard decision to make, but we wanted to take the opportunities that we had to broaden our horizons.  We still miss home terribly, but lucky for us we are not that far away that we often visit.

On the last day of school at their old school, the girls' classmates wrote farewell messages on their shirts.  It's a bit of a tradition so I knew ahead of time not to put them in their best shirts!

For something different I mounted each photo on a card and got the girls to each write down their memories from that day for some hidden journaling.  I don't often get them to do their own journaling on my pages, but I think I will do some more of it as a way to preserve some of their own memories.

I didn't have many red embellishments so I made my own butterfly by watercoloring on some card.

The background was done with watercolor, white acrylic paint and a circle stencil, and a black pen.  I then used a red Faber Castell Gelato to grunge up the edges.

Thanks to More Than Words for the inspo to scrap these photos.

Rachel xx


No comments:

Post a Comment