Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Kraft Plus Challenges - Shakespeare


Ponytails and Paper Fails



Romeo, Romeo, Wherefore art thou Romeo?? These are the words that immediately come to mind when I think "Shakespeare".  That, and Leonardo DiCaprio ... mmm but I'm getting sidetracked! Welcome to July and another Kraft + Challenge.  This month, yep you guessed it, Shakespeare!

Gain inspiration from this challenge any way you wish - either from a quote or line from Shakespeare, or from the graphics in our mood board. After looking through Google and Pinterest for inspirational quotes, I came across this one which really resonated with me.  Since I read 'Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy' many moons ago, I make a conscious effort to live an authentic life and be true to myself.  I also try to instill this belief in my children, letting them pursue what they are passionate about.  

However, I did have some trouble getting started on this page, so I grabbed some supplies and went from there.  The first thing I did was Mod-Podge a napkin onto my page (using only the top ply with the design on it).  The napkin was white but it came up semi-transparent once I wet it with the Mod Podge and it dried. [I learnt this technique some years ago from this talented lady].






Then I stamped out my title using Studio Calico Bookish Alpha stamps.  I decided on this photo (credit: Smarty Pants Photography) of my gorgeous niece, and paired it with some old Crate Paper Maggie Holmes ribbon tags.  I wanted more of them so I made two more from paper, modelling them on the ones I had.




Before gluing everything down I used a white gelato and then some watercolour to colour the leaves.  I just love the texture the napkin gave to the background.

I hope you join in the Challenge this month and have as much fun as I did.  Be sure to share you creation with us in the Kraft + Community.

Happy Krafting xx






No comments:

Post a Comment