Friday, September 25, 2020

The Cat's Meow

 



I recently had the absolute pleasure to attend a private scrap retreat in my home town. In a complete twist of normal behaviour I was actually organised and got some sh*t done!

Ever since gifting myself a Gelli Plate for my birthday back in May, I have been itching to try this technique.  Basically I used my own photo, turned it to black and white, printed it on a laser printer and then used it to create my background. 

For this technique I recommend watching this video from Teresa Morgan.  And here are my own tips:

- Use a high contrast photo, change it to black and white, with very little grey areas.
- Print it using a laser printer but onto ordinary copy paper (not special laser printer paper). 
- If you don't have a laser printer contact your nearly copy place.
- This technique will not work with an inkjet printer.
- I used a fairly thin layer of paint for the first step, and I didn't press too hard.
- For the second layer of paint (where you lift the print) you can use more than one colour of paint.
- Have fun!

The acrylic shapes from Corbett Creations really finished this one off!

Rach xx

No comments:

Post a Comment