Monday, June 18, 2018

Jot Mood Board Entry June

Ponytails & Paper Fails Jot Mood Board Entry
 
http://jotmagazine.com/mood-board-june-2018/
 
 
My entry for the Jot Mood Board this month is actually a 're-do' of a page I did years and years ago.  It was entitled "Miss Independent", was very basic, and the 'd' in independent was missing.  I started the page with a gel print inspired by those gorgeous coral flowers.  First I cut a stencil with my Silhouette Cameo, and used that to create the flower pattern in the paint on the gelli plate. After I printed onto the page, I then water-coloured the rest of it. I used Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock which I believe is a good paper for mixed media type work.  For the journaling I ended up typing up my words on Deli paper and then gluing them onto the cardstock, which worked well due to the mottly background.  I love the colour of the Charms Creation's "X" which suited the page exactly as Miss B's protests were usually prefaced with the word "No!". 
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page!! I had a little miss like that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve got layouts on a very similar theme too! Love this version! Thanks for joining in with us at Jot.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Rachel - we've chosen you as our Jot Mood Board winner for June!! Can you email me as soon as you get a chance so we can organise your prize :) KIM kim@kimarcher.com.au

    ReplyDelete